• Perfusion possible with very small perfusate quantity
• Accurate control of perfusion pressure or flow
• Compact arrangement of perfusion circuit
• Flexible perfusion circuit setup adjusts to suit individual perfusion conditions
The Universal Servo Controlled Perfusion System is used for the perfusion of organs and tissues using a peristaltic pump. It is a conventional PID controller which operates to maintain either a constant perfusion pressure or a constant perfusion flow. The following additional items are required to complete the system:
• Measuring system, either for perfusion pressure or for perfusion flow
• Analog pump capable of external control and providing the appropriate pumping rate
The pressure or flow measuring system evaluates the perfusion pressure or perfusion flow (= actual value). This value is fed in to the "actual value" analog input of the SCP PLUGSYS module. The SCP has a provision for setting the required perfusion pressure or perfusion flow which represents the setpoint. From the actual value and the setpoint value, the SCP module produces a control voltage for the pump so that the required perfusion pressure or perfusion flow is produced.